Girls’ Sport Victoria
Girls’ Sport Victoria Inc. (GSV) is one of the largest independent girls’ school sporting associations in Victoria. It was formed in 2000 to create a uniform entity through which girls’ sport in participating schools could be supported, conducted, promoted and administered. It is for students in Years 7 to 12.
The guiding principles for GSV are:
- the promotion of girls’ sport
- enhanced opportunities for participation in elite, competitive and recreational sport and physical activity
- accessibility to a diverse range of programs
- the fostering of individual talents, team spirit and commitment
- the pursuit of excellence
- a commitment to the highest standard of ethical behaviour
- a commitment to the promotion of health and wellbeing for all girls.
- indoor cricket
- water polo.
Students are given the opportunity to trial for all of the above sports. If selected for a team, they train one lunchtime, before school or after school, and play one match after school every week for a term.
All interschool matches are played on weeknights after school.
The 24 participating schools, representing over 16,500 young women, are:
- Camberwell Anglican Girls’ Grammar
- Fintona Girls’ School
- Firbank Grammar
- Genazzano FCJ College
- Ivanhoe Girls’ Grammar
- Kilvington Baptist Girls’ Grammar
- Korowa Anglican Girls’ School
- Lauriston Girls’ School
- Loreto Mandeville Hall
- Lowther Hall Anglican Grammar
- Melbourne Girls’ Grammar
- Mentone Girls’ Grammar
- Methodist Ladies’ College
- Our Lady of Mercy College
- Presbyterian Ladies’ College
- Ruyton Girls’ School
- Sacré Coeur
- St Catherine’s School
- St Margaret’s School
- Shelford Anglican Girls’ Grammar
- Star of the Sea College
- Strathcona Baptist Girls’ Grammar School
- Tintern Anglican Girls’ Grammar School
- Toorak College